Friday, January 23, 2009

More about The Thoughtful Dresser

I hate Linda Grant. Her life is one of the 'figs' on Sylvia Plath's fig tree - although the fig was hanging on a tree in someone else's orchard! I have just read her blog and it seems that notwithstanding holidays in Mexico and accepting prizes from Tom Stoppard, Grant still has plenty of time to post blogs on the First Lady's inauguration day dress (including sourcing and quoting other people's comments on the outfit), Aretha Franklin's hat and make quirky clever little comments about Mickey Rourke's Golden Globe attire (complete with links to definitions in Wikkipaedia!). By the way, she also has time to compile a new book called....'The Thoughtful Dresser', on the back of the success of her blog. I hope she has an army of assistants. She makes me feel completely inadequate because I can hardly get my bed made in the mornings. On the other hand, I am completely blissed out when I spend about an hour at the end of each day, quietly watering the garden (using tank water!) while Bill runs around picking flowers and climbing over the rocks and Kingsley swings gently on the patio in one of his little rocking chairs. Being an eloquent fashionista, shortlisted for the Booker Prize, will have to wait for another life time. By the way, I love Grant's blog and agree that Michelle's outfit was a bit matronly. I haven't seen her ball dress yet but I bet Michelle and Barack looked chic when they danced the presidential waltz at each of the ten balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment