Friday, July 17, 2009

Annie Pate - "Pheasant"

This is a midnight blog.  The cat is rubbing herself against the monitor as I type this - both irritating and kind of nice at the same time!  I have been in the Valley to see Annie and her friend Ben perform at Rick's cafe.   Janet, I thought that Annie was fabulous - just the right amount of self consciousness at the beginning, and then that stunning smile at the end (perhaps relief that it was OVER!) and, of course, beautiful music in between!  She didn't seem the least bit embarrassed that her parent's friends possible outnumbered her own - all those doting and proud 'aunties' and 'uncles'.   Annie seemed genuinely pleased that we were all there (although there may have been an element of 'good manners' involved....no, I am sure that she was pleased!  I would have been in her place).  On my part, I just loved seeing passionate young people tonight and remembering what I was like when I was 18.   And then feeling so envious of Annie's obvious talent.   Janet - you have a gorgeous daughter.  Love D.

No comments:

Post a Comment